- Check and turn off pilot lights on fireplaces and heaters that will not be used till Fall.
- Inspect your roof for moss and deterioration over the Winter.
- Inspect roof flashings around penetrations, chimney and skylights.
- Check for new cracks in the foundation.
- Check smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors, replace batteries if they are not hard wired.
- Check the dryer vent for lint build up.
- Check the date on your water heater, approx. normal life is 7 years, make sure it can drain somewhere.
- Clean furnace and HRV filters.
- Test well water if applicable.
- Turn on hose bib shut offs.
- Check gutters and clean if necessary, caulk any leaks.
- Fertilize lawns and trees, etc.
- Power wash driveways, sidewalks and patios.
- Clean window screens, wash windows.
- Check caulking around windows and doors, this is a regular maintenance item.
- Plan for any exterior painting that is required and needs to be completed over the warm months.
- Empty the canister and clean the filter for your built in vacuum.
- Check washing machine hoses for cracks and damage.
- Service your lawn mower.